Killian Oaks Academy serves children of average to superior intelligence from the preschool years through high school. The students possess unique learning styles and differences and individualization is vital to their success.
We believe that all children can learn and succeed if they are provided with the opportunity to grow at their own pace in an environment of educational expertise and knowledgeable support. The formula for success is to build a child’s confidence and self-esteem through an array of the latest research-based educational practices, strategies and accommodations.
The program respects the fact that children reach their goals through circuitous routes and that they achieve their successes in their own time. Each child will progress more successfully if he or she is provided with the accommodations that reflect both the time necessary for the student to develop a skill, and the multi-modal approaches that enhance his or her learning style. At Killian Oaks, children are viewed as curious and active learners. Whether gifted, exhibiting attention deficits, possessing unique learning styles or a combination of these characteristics, each child receives the individual attention necessary for success.
Killian Oaks Academy is dedicated to:
- Providing students with the learning and organizational skills to achieve success.
- Creating an atmosphere of support and acceptance.
- Developing confidence and a strong self-image in every child.
- Challenging children to achieve their true academic potential.
- Fostering leadership skills and responsibility.
- Developing strong personal values.
- Building exemplary citizens.