About Killian Oaks Academy
Killian Oaks Academy is an accredited private school in Miami, Florida. We serve preschool through high school students with unique learning styles who benefit from a personalized educational program. We believe that all students can learn and succeed if they are provided with the opportunity to grow at their own pace in an environment of expertise and knowledgeable support. The formula for success is to build students’ confidence and self-esteem through an array of the latest research-based educational practices, strategies, and accommodations.
Our Mastery Learning Program recognizes that students reach their goals through circuitous routes and that they achieve their successes in their own time. Each student will progress more successfully if he or she is provided with the accommodations that reflect both the time necessary for the student to develop a skill, and the multi-modal approaches that enhance his or her learning style. At Killian Oaks, students are viewed as curious and active learners. Whether gifted, exhibiting attention deficits, possessing unique learning styles, or a combination of these characteristics, each student receives the individual attention necessary for personal success.
Our Mastery Learning Program offers:
- Personalized and customized academic programs.
- Individualized instruction.
- Low Teacher to Student ratio.
- Remedial, accelerated, and honors programs.
- Curriculum adapted to students’ unique learning styles
- Focus on creative expression and growth.
- Credit recovery programs.
Killian Oaks Academy is dedicated to:
- Providing students with the learning and organizational skills to achieve success.
- Creating an atmosphere of support and acceptance.
- Developing confidence and a strong self-image in every student.
- Challenging students to achieve their true academic potential.
- Fostering leadership skills and responsibility.
- Developing strong personal values.
- Building exemplary citizens.